Banks Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BABiH) is a non-government and a non-profit organisation established to create a representative, professional organization to advocate interests of its members before authorities and institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The constituent meeting of the Banks Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina was held on 24.06.2004 in Sarajevo under a mutual consent of all banks in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Our main mission is to strengthen trust in the banking sector through support and assistance of BABiH members, local institutions, media, adequate training courses and establishment of cooperation with similar associations abroad.
Our activities and objectives:
- Defining joint interests of BABiH members and other participants in the banking business and adjusting individual interests to the common ones;
- Promoting and implementing best business practices and consistent banking operations based on the highest ethical, professional and technical standards of the profession;
- Promoting transparency and fair business competition in the banking business;
- Establishing permanent dialogue and partnership with regulatory and other public institutions to improve business competitiveness of the B&H economy;
- Banking sector strengthening, supporting stability of the financial system and improving business environment aimed at economic and social development of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Aligning and joining interests, initiatives and activities of BABiH and its members with interests, initiatives and activities of similar business associations and organisations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as respective international professional and business associations;
- Active contribution to the accession process of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the European Union and global economic integrations.
- Collecting, professional processing, aligning, public presentation and advocating initiatives to improve legal and institutional framework regarding banking and financial operations as well as general business environment in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Representing, organising and/or coordinating members of the Association and other participants in the banking business in preparing and implementing a program of receiving or delivering technical assistance and other forms of international cooperation;
- Proposing, developing and monitoring implementation of ethical and professional code of banks and bank staff;
- Mediation in solving disputes between members of the Association and/or other participants in the banking business;
- Collecting, analysing , distributing and publishing business information of importance for the condition and trends in the banking sector and the economy of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Preparing and publishing information on activities of the Association, its members and the banking sector through print and electronic media and other activities defined by BABiH documents;
BABiH carries out its activities through professional departments and committees of the Association. BABiH is seated in Sarajevo and also has an office Banja Luka (since 01.04.2005).